With a team of world class scientists and engineers focusing on the physical and photonic properties of optical materials and light sources, Spectra Systems has created a portfolio of security, tracking, authentication and quality assurance products that are used in world currencies, security documents, consumer product packaging, and real-time monitoring of product quality during manufacturing.
Spectra's materials have been engineered to provide:
- High security
- Formulations of our materials are not disclosed to the public in patents and are not available commercially from other sources of security pigments.
- Spectra's materials are designed as part of a "lock and key" solution whereby the authentication of the material requires the combination of the unique codes and physical properties of the material with the complex interrogation methodology of the authentication device.
- Physical compatibility with a number of substrates and manufacturing processes
- Flexible choices for the addition of our materials to substrates, inks and coatings effectively resolves constraints imposed by the chemical, physical and manufacturing properties of the substrate. For example, Spectra's manufacturing process for security pigments allows for precise pigment particle size control and loading into the host carrier This results in a very uniform dispersement of the pigment into the host carrier such as a paper coating or a printing ink. We also offer our core materials in various embodiments such finished ink, fibers and adhesives.
- Excellent permanence
- Spectra Systems security materials are highly resistant to chemical hazards, wear, and light exposure, meeting or exceeding all chemical and light fastness requirements for security thread, printing inks and paper substrate.
Spectra Systems Corporation All rights reserved